1. An advantage of using the model of “entering the conversation” while writing is that it brings in another perspective. Bringing in more perspectives allows for more insight and deliberation. Having more insight on a topic is good because your argument will be more informed. Another advantage of using this model is that it addresses the opposing argument in a way that makes your argument stronger.
2. I agree that learning to look at artwork helps analyze other situations because it gives some type of context. Generally in films things like setting, plot, and characters are given; which paints a bigger picture. If you know how to look at art you can figure out what the artist was trying to portray. Analyzing art exercises your brain to look for hidden elements and connect them. It trains you to investigate and figure out what to look for.
1. I agree with Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein who discussed how writers should use the model of entering the conversation in their writings. It has some advantages for us because entering the conversation model gives an idea about what they are feeling in their opinion. This also helps us to express our own opinion.
2. I agree with the smart history video that learning to look at artwork helps us to analyze others’ situations. Because art has its own language. Art can be very powerful. Artists express their feelings, love, and message through their art. We can understand what artists are trying to say by looking at their art.
#1 The advantage of entering the conversation model gives you an idea of what they are feeling or they’re saying about things, this also gives us to show our opinions and lets us represent the different thoughts we have.
#2 I agree with the author’s statement that learning to look at artwork can help us analyze other situations because art can sometimes tell a story just by looking at it and deeply analyzing it you can try and put the pieces together on what the artist is trying to display.
Social media plays a vital role in many individuals in the current generation. People post about their lifestyles, friends, family, etc. A person’s life can also change overnight because it went viral. Even though we live in the 21st century, female post is sexualized because they post sexy photos.
In the second episode of “Ways of Seeing,” John Berger mentions that women these days are still being materialized on social media by men. They are being seemed as sexual objects. Women have less control over their images in the media as the male gaze is determining them. Sexuality does play the same role in the ideas of women today, as Berger describes. The history of women getting sexualized can date back to the 1970s in Europe, where the nude paintings of women were objective by the male spectator. But the same subject of sexual pictures of women is viewed differently in another culture, superficially in Indian culture, as quoted by Berger. “Nakedness is a celebration of active loves between two people, and the women are as active as the men.”
Women’s equality has made a considerable impact, and it is still an ongoing movement.
#1 The advantages of entering the conversation model gives you an idea on what they are feeling or their opinion on things, this also helps us express our own opinions and lets us express the different views we have.
#2 I agree that learning to look at art work helps us analyze other situations because if you look at art work and stare at it for a minute you can see what the painter is really trying to express to you. If you just take a quick look you can possibly miss important details. I feel this goes into any situation that we deal with in life, when approaching situations it is better to get as many details as possible to better understand.
1) Advantages of “entering the conversation” model when writing is it will help you to listen to others point of view. Also it helps to express your own opinion.
2) I agree with the smarthistory videos because when looking at art you see a story. In the video it shows how art work helps cops solve a crime because if the cop did not look he will not be able to find clues that will help solve the crime.
1. According to Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, writers should use the model of “entering the conversation” in their writing because the templates empower you to be a more critical and intellectual thinker. The book also invites you to participate in debates and conversations of your world in an active and empowered way. The templates also don’t stop your creativity they only give you a format on how to say your message. Once you master them you can change them or get rid of them altogether.
2. I do agree with the smarthistory videos looking at and interrogating artwork can improve visual and communication skills which can be critical during emergencies. There can be a lot more going on in a piece of artwork than first meets the eye. A close study of art can train viewers to study situations more thoroughly this is especially pertinent to professions like doctors that review test results and Xrays all day long. Studying art and discussing what you see can also help you with your articulation skills by providing a more detailed and accurate description of situations.