Step 1: Black Lives matter.
Step 2: Black lives matter, protests for rights and police brutality.
Step 3: Discrimination to black people need to stop at any cost because black lives matter like everyone else.
Step 4: The black life matter movement made a huge impact throughout the world, and it helps to fight discrimination toward people of color.
Step 5: A Police officer must serve and help the community. Law is important for everyone, but Police officers need to find an alternative way to defend themselves without being violent to the people.
1. According to John Berger, advertising and publicity influence consumers to buy the products. Advertisement companies make ads with tricks. Those ads give viewers a feeling that, if they buy the products, they will be benefited, and their life will be changed in a positive way. Advertisements always show how good and useful the product is in our life.
2. John Berger explains that oil painting showed what the owner was already enjoying among his possessions and way of life. Oil paintings began with facts from the life of its owner which shows the current wealth or achievements of its owner. But it does not include how he obtains this wealth.
3. I have a dream to travel and explore different places, nature and cultures for a long time. Since I have read various travel books and watched different travel documentaries, my interests in traveling increased. Whenever I see different ads about traveling from expedia, Trip Advisor, I feel like I would be the happiest person if I could travel to those places.
Still now, women are objectified almost the same way that John Berger described them. Women are often viewed as objects of beauty, pleasure & satisfaction. But nowadays, women have more control over their images in the media. Because they are choosing what image they want to post in social media like Instagram or Facebook. In Spite of that, women tend to be influenced by the male gaze.
In episode 2, “Ways of seeing”, John Berger discusses the difference between nude and nakedness. He explains that nakedness is just the human female body without clothes. On the other hand, Nudity is a kind of disguise to judge the female body. Still to this day women are being objected to men as John Berger described. Women put themselves on social media in public where everyone can see and judge their appearance, but they have control over which image they want to share publicly.
1. I agree with Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein who discussed how writers should use the model of entering the conversation in their writings. It has some advantages for us because entering the conversation model gives an idea about what they are feeling in their opinion. This also helps us to express our own opinion.
2. I agree with the smart history video that learning to look at artwork helps us to analyze others’ situations. Because art has its own language. Art can be very powerful. Artists express their feelings, love, and message through their art. We can understand what artists are trying to say by looking at their art.
I’m following some strategies to write my final research paper. I picked up the research topic which I feel is more curious and comfortable. Some methods and ideas from the readings were very helpful for me. First of all, I define my goals and objectives. I tried to come up with a good research question for the research paper. I tried to be organized then tried to identify the information I needed. Key words, key points and good concepts are very important. I tried my best to find some quality full sources. I got some useful help from some books and articles which I got access to from LaGuardia Community College Library. After all, I reviewed my paper.
My research question for the final paper will be based on my second paper, about music industry and money. I come up with the question , “Is it more beneficial for the artist to stream their music freely or through streaming services”? I’m curious about this topic , because I feel that artists doing really hard work to create better music. Artist need to choose the most beneficial ways to stream so that they can get best reward for their music and art. Therefore, they can make a living.