Blog Post #3

1.  According to John Berger, advertising and publicity influence consumers to buy the products. Advertisement companies make ads with tricks. Those ads give viewers a feeling that, if they buy the products, they will be benefited, and their life will be changed in a positive way. Advertisements always show how good and useful the product is in our life.

2.  John Berger explains that oil painting showed what the owner was already enjoying among his possessions and way of life. Oil paintings began with facts from the life of its owner which shows the current wealth or achievements of its owner. But it does not include how he obtains this wealth.

3.  I have a dream to travel and explore different places, nature and cultures for a long time. Since I have read various travel books and watched different travel documentaries, my interests in traveling increased. Whenever I see different ads about traveling from expedia, Trip Advisor, I feel like I would be the happiest person if I could travel to those places.