Join us for ENG 280: Children’s Literature
Come explore the wonders of Children’s Literature this summer! Class meets T/Th 10:30-2:00; we will be reading, discussing, and sharing classics and newly-published books written for children across a wide variety of genres, cultures, and languages.
Please contact Dr. Rachel Boccio with any questions: email@example.com
We are reaching out to kindly ask for your assistance with spreading the word about CUNY Cultural Corps, which provide CUNY students with paid internships at arts and cultural organizations. We have put together some recruitment materials for you to share with your students and colleagues at LaGuardia Community College.
If you or your department would like to continue to receive information about CUNY Cultural Corps during our recruitment periods, please fill out our Interest Form.
The deadline to apply for our 2022-23 cohort has been extended to April 18th.
Open to all majors, both undergraduate and graduate
CUNY Cultural Corps works with a wide range of students. From art history majors looking to get a behind the scenes look at museum operations to accounting majors with a soft spot for the arts. We work with all majors, backgrounds and skill levels.
- Want to learn more about the program? RSVP to one of our virtual information sessions in March (open to staff and students)
What is CUNY Cultural Corps?
CUNY Cultural Corps is a career development program that places CUNY students in paid internships at cultural organizations throughout NYC. The program was started in collaboration with the NYC’s Department of Cultural Affairs as an effort to create more diversity and equity in NYC’s cultural sector.
After undergoing a matching process and receiving their placements, students work between 10-12 hours a week throughout the fall and spring semesters and are paid $15 an hour. In addition, students receive a series of career workshops meant to further their professional development in the field.
Partners from our 2021-22 cohort include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, HERE Arts Center and Flux Factory with positions ranging from Museum Interns to Finance Management Interns to Education Interns and more.
To be eligible to apply students must:
- Currently enrolled at any CUNY college, working towards a degree (Community College, Senior College, or Graduate School)
- Be registered for at least 12 credits (for undergraduate freshman, sophomores, and juniors) or 6 credits (if you are a rising senior or graduate student) while enrolled in the program
- Graduate students are eligible for the program as long as they are enrolled in at least 1 course at a CUNY campus for both Fall & Spring.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.5
- Have earned at least 24 college credits by the end of summer 2022 (12 college credits for community college students)
- Have addressed any remedial education needs prior to beginning Fall 2022 classes
- Have the proper work authorization required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
If you have any troubles opening the hyperlinks in this email, please copy and paste the below URLs into your browser: