Blog Post #3 – Ways of Seeing Episode 4

1. Ads tricks our mind into believing in a product by exaggerating its’ quality. It misleads the consumer into thinking that there are things that are missing in our lives and the creativity of it is very appealing to its’ target audience. It’s very significant because it influences a potential customer’s buying decision.
  2. The differences are quite staggering. The oil painting merely shows a sense of contentment and appreciation of what we already possess whereas the publicity photos can give us the wrong impression that we can’t just be satisfied on what we already have. They reveal that advertisements fuels our desire to spend our hard-earned money on unnecessary material things. Consumerism at its’ best and definitely drives economic growth.
  3.  Let’s picture a massive BURGER FAST FOOD shiny banner sprawled on the side of a highway. You needed to stop for gas – the images of this juicy burger makes your mouth water and immediately you give in to your desire and YOU fell for it! It just goes to show that the advertisers did a great job in manipulating the photos making it look more appealing to us. That’s how they get us!

3 thoughts on “Blog Post #3 – Ways of Seeing Episode 4

• March 26, 2022 at 4:55 pm
    Permalink

I agree with you on seeing a massive burger fast food ad and falling for it. I am a major foodie so something that looks so enticing will make me go for it for sure. Even with the knowledge that fast food isn’t so healthy the picture of the burger is what’s going to get me to buy it, my mind is telling me I have to try this.

• March 27, 2022 at 8:29 pm
    Permalink

Yes, I agree, advertising can be very deceiving as they are far from reality, everything is altered in to what we desire to make us spend impulsively and most people fall for it, even me sometimes.